• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how good are olympic dual-tube nerf bars

lapaul

NAXJA Forum User
I need rock rails for my 90 5" lifed xj.

Someone nearby is willing to sell their olympic dual tube nerf bars for $100.

Will they do a decent job. CAn you use them with hi lift jack.

Not hard to find better rock rails.......find of thin.

What exactly are the problems with the olympic dual tube nerf bars.

My question is not if there are better ones. But will this be "good enough"

Will it hold the weight of the xj, will it be adaquate for hi lift jacks.

I know I need rock rails, but I'm looking to go where other xjs go and don't intend to go "where none have gone before"

I'm trying to save money and $100 seems like a good deal if these are adaquate.

Will these break, bend, crack under ordinary use. CAn they handle a hi lift jack.

Are there more than one type with different diameter pipe, and if so which type do I need to have if I decide to buy the ones offered

Yes, Jes's bent and folded up into the rockers. For only a hunder more you can have an indestructable set from AJ or C4x4 or who ever else. As Goat said, there are plenty stronger rails available.

lapaul said:
What exactly are the problems with the olympic dual tube nerf bars.

My question is not if there are better ones. But will this be "good enough"

Will it hold the weight of the xj, will it be adaquate for hi lift jacks.

I know I need rock rails, but I'm looking to go where other xjs go and don't intend to go "where none have gone before"

I'm trying to save money and $100 seems like a good deal if these are adaquate.

Will these break, bend, crack under ordinary use. CAn they handle a hi lift jack.

Are there more than one type with different diameter pipe, and if so which type do I need to have if I decide to buy the ones offered

1-Too thin-too weak-engineered as booster steps for mall parking lot poser rigs
2-Good enough if you're wheeling in the above mentioned environment-3/16 or 1/4 wall tube is the norm for real rock rails.
3-Oly stuff will not hold the weight of the rig without bending into the rocker panels-$100 will buy you the similar damage as not using them at all.

For $100 bucks, you can't really buy good ones.....but you can easily build good rock sliders for way less that $100.

Spend your money once and get the stuff that works. Olympic stuff has proven itself as king of the rusty, dented, peeling chrome scrap heap time and time again.......your money, spend it where you may. :)

Back