• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another dang tire question (big ones)

BUCKYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Alright going with 35s to 37s.
Choices are
Kumho 35" run about $120
GY MTR's 35" run about $175
GY MTR's 37" run about $200
SS IROK 36" run about $160
SS TRXUS 35" run about $160
DIG IT!
other suggestions are welcome oh and this in a drive twice a week vehicle

Other tires to consider:

BFG MTs
BFG Krawlers

Maxxis Creepy Crawlers(from my understanding the 35 was just released and is priced competetively(sp?).

BTW, what was the question, and also if you're paying 200 for a 37 MTR you're payin too much. The 35s are priced accurately in your post, but I can get 37s all day long(when they're available from GY) for 160 for a 15" rim and 185 for a 17" rim at Wal-Mart.

Also, look into the Q78 TSL. It's a 35.5x10.50 Bias TSL.

HTH, and btw, I'm in the same boat, looking for 35s to 37s.

Ary

BUCKYXJ said:
Choices are
Kumho 35" run about $120
DIG IT!

So.....what kind of wheeling do you do? Makes a big difference.....

BUCKYXJ said:
Choices are
Kumho 35" run about $120
DIG IT!
General MT's are Excellent Tires! They make a 35' that run about $140. Just a suggestion...

Dunlop Mud Rover Radials are $105 (35s) at Tirerack.com

I have copies of reciepts for MTRs, $140 or 35s, $160 for 37s.

Ary, if you really can get 37" MTRs "all day" for $160, I would highly encourage you to do that, seeing as how people are paying around $200 for them now if they can even find them since they are on national backorder.

I would definitely like to see more info on the Maxxis tires, I did a quick search the other day and only found them 1 place online and they were very near $200 for 35s.

mad maXJ said:
Dunlop Mud Rover Radials are $105 (35s) at Tirerack.com

I have copies of reciepts for MTRs, $140 or 35s, $160 for 37s.

Ary, if you really can get 37" MTRs "all day" for $160, I would highly encourage you to do that, seeing as how people are paying around $200 for them now if they can even find them since they are on national backorder.

I would definitely like to see more info on the Maxxis tires, I did a quick search the other day and only found them 1 place online and they were very near $200 for 35s.

Max, like I said in my original post, when they are available, i.e. not on national backorder, I can get them for 160.

Ok it is down to the Maxxis Creepy crawlers around $200 for 35x12.5x15 or
GoodYear MTR's 35x12.5x15 or 37s.
So which ones should I go with and what size if you say mtrs I am running D44 rear and D30 front till it blows up then upgrade to D44 front or D60. This will be on a 5" lift with most sheet metal removed and cage installed. So what are your opinions.
DIG IT

May I suggest a 35 or 37" SSR? Got 35s now and picking up my 37" SSRs today, if Wholesalers wernt so retarded Id have em mounted to today as well, with they can put 37" tires under a 8" lifted cherokee for saftey purposes! :wstupid:

I'm bias towards Swampers!
Any consideration for the 36" TSL?

1887tsl1.jpg

Set me back $155.00 per tire at 4wheelparts store.

I assuming that since your sig line is "DIG IT", you are running mud?

We need terrain details!

CRASH

BUCKYXJ said:
Choices are
Kumho 35" run about $120
DIG IT!

are you going for a cheaper priced M/T? if so id go with the Dunlop Mud Rover for 108 each

DIG IT is sorta a catch phrase I picked up a few years ago. I do mostly limestone rock wheeling and long rocky hill climbs. If you have ever heard of disney that is my favorite area around here. Basically I need an all around tire. Not much street driving going on with welded front and rear. I have kicked the Maxxis creepy crawlers out $200 a tire plus shipping is too much. I am now looking at 35" mtr's~$175, 36" TSL's~$155 each and 36" IROK's~$160".

well i ran the Mud rovers on my dodge for a while and they performed about as good as the BFG M/T KO. I'll be using them on my jeep when the lift goes on. My $.02

BUCKYXJ said:
I am now looking at 35" mtr's~$175, 36" TSL's~$155 each and 36" IROK's~$160".

If that's what you have it narrowed to, and those are the prices you can get, then go TSL or IROK. Now if you could get the $140 MTRs.... hmmmm

what are most guys at Disney running? or better yet, what are most guys at Disney running WELL on? Seems to me that anything besides CA/AZ/NV/UT dry rocks, you're going to want a Swamper.

mad maXJ said:
If that's what you have it narrowed to, and those are the prices you can get, then go TSL or IROK. Now if you could get the $140 MTRs.... hmmmm

what are most guys at Disney running? or better yet, what are most guys at Disney running WELL on? Seems to me that anything besides CA/AZ/NV/UT dry rocks, you're going to want a Swamper.

Agreed. MTR's suck ass in the sloppy wet stuff (compared to Swampers anyway).

I always have a hard time recommending Interco stuff because of bad experiences with their products (poor tread adhesion to carcass, poor balance, and out of round tires).

Maybe they've improved, but I would never use any of their radial tires again. Maybe bias ply are better?

CRASH

If you're running Disney, it's either SX's or Krawlers. No questions asked. Not that I've been there, but I've been doin' lots 'o research and those are the most prevalent tires in the "good" pics. Funny thing is, I'm biased towards both of those tires. Neither of them are the cheapest, so go tsl's for the initial bang for the buck. Next problem though, you don't get full use of a swamper without beadlocks (ask me how I know) So factor that in now, ain't it great spending other peoples money :D

Sean

beadlocks run about $150 each so I am probably gonna run these anyway.

Back