• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to buy an XJ in SoCal

Diablito

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to buy a cherokee in the next few months and was wondering if any of you guys could recomend classified ads , or website or even a used car lot in Southern California or in nearbye south west? Iam also interested in possibly purchasing one from a government agency but don't know how to go about it. Has anyone bought one from a police auction before?
I would like one between 94-97 with 4.0 , 4x4 and around 100K miles. I'm willing to spend around $5000, do you guys think I'll be able to find what I want for that price in SoCal? Thanks for any advice :wierd:

Just try the auto trader.

www.autotrader.com

I bought two XJ's off of there recently. Looked around at other places, like cars.com and dealers and what not, but autotrader is the best one for selection without putting in a lot of work and dealing with salesmen, I think.

Good luck and happy hunting! :)

Being A government employee, I deal with vehicle services quite a bit and know that for a few exceptions, government vehicles are well cared for and never miss service and when something does go wrong, they are fixed. The government doesn't need one of it's vehicles to break down and kill civilians. So I've had my eye on Oregonmotors2000. The state of Oregon auctions all surplus on ebay. From calculators to typewriters. When their motorpool vehicles reach around 120,000 miles. They are serviced and put up for auction. I bid on one of their XJ's and got a great 96 XJ for a good price. I drove it home 1100 miles and a year later it is still a great Jeep. And there were no problems with making it a CA vehicle.
Just my $.02

Diablito said:
I'm looking to buy a cherokee in the next few months and was wondering if any of you guys could recomend classified ads , or website or even a used car lot in Southern California or in nearbye south west? Iam also interested in possibly purchasing one from a government agency but don't know how to go about it. Has anyone bought one from a police auction before?
I would like one between 94-97 with 4.0 , 4x4 and around 100K miles. I'm willing to spend around $5000, do you guys think I'll be able to find what I want for that price in SoCal? Thanks for any advice :wierd:

I live in Sacramento. I'm selling my stock 95' xj se model with 117K highway miles. Just herculined the interior. It has a dark blue metallic exterior and a light tan interior. Abs brakes, 231 t-case, dana 30/35, 4 speed auto, 4.0L 6 cylinder. Please e-mail with any questions and/or offer at [email protected] I'm asking $4,000 o.b.o. Make me an offer
You can view multiple pictures/info of this jeep by clicking on the link. Jeep is very reliable and would make a good everyday driver and/or build-up.
thanks...Troy

http://jeep-classifieds.com/classif...30&from=account

ajaxauto.com has whatever XJ or part you need, It is a little far from SD but they have great prices. Look under the jeepspeed section if you want a project rig. Their XJ "rotisserie" is badass if you really want to get silly.

Back