• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axles, t-case & tranny

forgiven

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought a of axles out of an '86 XJ, getting rid of the 3.07's for some 4.11's. The front shafts are CV joints instead of u-joints. I was planning on using my old ('89)shafts, unit bearings, brake hardware and Lock Right in this '86 housing. I've already converted to TJ shafts, and this "new" housing is non-disco. Will I run into any problems/issues? Are the unit bearings the same, potential spares?
On another note, I over-filled my t-case ever-so-slightly last week while changing fluids. I went on a road trip saturday and noticed more smoke than usually coming from behind me. I checked things out to find that some fluid belched out through the vent line that is run up into the engine bay. Is all ok? I had no problems before and notice nothing different now. And on another other note I replaced the GL-5 in my AX-15 with GL-3, now I notice some gear whine, is this acceptable?
Oh ya, did this axle originally have one of those funky d-shafts that I will need to convert to fit mine? the yoke looks normal but I hav'ent looked real closely yet.
Thanks, Doug

Last edited:
Back