• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP!! Dana 44 powertrax install

GTsenre

NAXJA Forum User
I am currently trying to install a powertrax no slip in a D44 with trak lok. Something is definately wrong. Currently, the pinion shaft seems to have c-clips or something on it holding it in. The new shaft that comes with the powertrax, does not look compatable for this. What am I missing?? Were all D44 w/ trak lok axles the same? Any help would be appreciated.

Well heres the link!Mine is a C-Clip style,havent seen the other!
Dana-The Expert

Do you have the right part number for the trac lok carrier. I should be PRT-92-0444-3020. The normal one will be PRT-92-0444-3000. MAke sure you have the correct one. As far as teh cross shaft goes, it should just have one set pin holding it in.

Tracy

That is the part number that is on the box, the problem is that I got it off the JU for sale forum, so I guess someone could have switched boxes. The cross shaft definately has no set pin holding it in. Is there a part number stamped in the powertrax itself so that I can verify I got the correct one?? I didn't notice one anywhere.

granitecrawler said:
Do you have the right part number for the trac lok carrier. I should be PRT-92-0444-3020. The normal one will be PRT-92-0444-3000. MAke sure you have the correct one. As far as teh cross shaft goes, it should just have one set pin holding it in.

Tracy

I have the same problem. Run the numbers on the axel, I did and found that my d44 was from a cj7 wide track. Call Mike at Richmond gear. What I did was to swap it for an open and set it up again.

Back