• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone remove the trim panels on a 95?

XJeffro

NAXJA Forum User
I was thinking about removing the gray plastic trim on the bottom of the door panels along the sides. has anyone done this to a 95 (or older)?

i just wanted to know what was under the trim. i didnt know if i would need touch up paint or if the area under it was already painted.
here is a pic, it is a little dirty, but you can see the panels at the bottoms of the doors...

fa660bc8.jpg

I don't have any pics but I ripped them off the rear quarter panel of my 95 on some rocks, they were just sticky taped on, really really sticky though and they left a lot of resadue. I think you could get them clean pretty easy though with some solvent. later
-calvin

'94 with the molding removed. User a good heat gun and pull slowly. there is a plastic protective piece under it. Try to leave that intact. It's a pain to remove if you don't.

rearside.jpg

Steve

Back