• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

License plate mounts for ARB's

Use 2 Mag light holders and screw your license plate to that. The two Mag light holders will clip onto the vertical rollers of your roller fairlead. Just pull and it comes off. It holds very firm, it won't just fall off.

Willis said:
Use 2 Mag light holders and screw your license plate to that. The two Mag light holders will clip onto the vertical rollers of your roller fairlead. Just pull and it comes off. It holds very firm, it won't just fall off.

I agree. Mag light clips work great. I attached the clips to a piece of flat steel with a couple of ears on the top so I could use the original holes in the plate. Makes the plate more rigid so it doesn't get mangled every time you take it off.

I picked some up at Home Depot in Fredericksburg a couple of months ago. If they don't have them in stock they boast that they can get anything on special order.

If I remember right, mine came with a bracket. I have it somewhere, We are not required to have front plates here so I threw it in the garage in case I needed it.

Not mine but here's an idea.

xjhoodvents1.jpg

Jeepzz,

I had my plate mounted like that at first. However, the plate kind of blocks air flow to the radiator in that location. With the winch solenoid and lights, I didn't think I needed to add to the problem.

I have mine mounted with the bracket that came with the bumper. You think it would help keep it cooler moving it out from in front of the radiator?

crawl.jpg

There's the bracket hat came with the bumper

TOZOVR said:
crawl.jpg

There's the bracket hat came with the bumper
A license plate bracket came with it? Where the heck did mine go? :confused:
So is the pic I posted above where the ARB bracket mounts up?

Hunter-Lynchburg said:
ive been looking for those mag lite holders all over the place, anyone have a source?

Hunter
My local True Value has them in stock most of the time. If yours doesnt, maybe they could order them.

Brackets

Check your locol Meijers, they usually have them all my vehicles have a mag kight inside. John

My Bracket came in a HUGE plastic bag of random parts...Don't lie and say that you used every part that came out of the bag! LOL!

TOZOVR said:
My Bracket came in a HUGE plastic bag of random parts...Don't lie and say that you used every part that came out of the bag! LOL!
:laugh2: LOL... You could build a whole other Jeep with all the left over parts I've acumulated!
I'll have to see if I still have those parts somewhere.

Back