• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How long till I snap these?????

Heep

NAXJA Forum User
The axles that is..
I know there are alot of "ifs" and "nobody knows" best guess or you think theyll last a while

Jeep-9", 36" Iroc's, Front Aussie locked, Rear Spooled, 4.88's. 4.0L, AW4, 231
And Avg. on the throttle, moslty wheel in Rock and dirt.

Axles
Front- 86 Waggy D44 LP, stock shafts, 760 U-joints (new and tack welded clips to yoke) New 4.88's, Warn Premium Hubs,New Aussie,all new bearings and seals, 2" spacers-for lug patern

Rear-73 Scout II D44, stock shafts, new seals and bearings, Spooled, 1.5" spacers

Will go to Warn shafts after carnage, just wanna see how long untill I HAVE too fork out the $$$ for those

Well it all depends on your driving style. If you're easy on the gas then they could last a lifetime. I wheeled for years with a D30 & D44 & 35s, with no breakage. If you're tacking the ujoints in place you want to tack the caps not the clips. The clips dont often fall out, the cap twists in the bore & spits the clip out leading to carnage. The full circle clips better secure the cap in the bore.

-jb

Heep said:
The axles that is..
I know there are alot of "ifs" and "nobody knows" best guess or you think theyll last a while

Jeep-9", 36" Iroc's, Front Aussie locked, Rear Spooled, 4.88's. 4.0L, AW4, 231
And Avg. on the throttle, moslty wheel in Rock and dirt.

Axles
Front- 86 Waggy D44 LP, stock shafts, 760 U-joints (new and tack welded clips to yoke) New 4.88's, Warn Premium Hubs,New Aussie,all new bearings and seals, 2" spacers-for lug patern

Rear-73 Scout II D44, stock shafts, new seals and bearings, Spooled, 1.5" spacers

Will go to Warn shafts after carnage, just wanna see how long untill I HAVE too fork out the $$$ for those

Thanks that makes me feel better, also yeah I meant the caps not the clips.
Is 3 small tack welds sufficient?

LOCKED UP said:
how do you tack the u-joints? Never done that before....

Look where the caps on your U-joints sit flush with the Yoke. On top of the cap, place 3 small tack welds around the cap. This will stop the caps from getting loose wich is mostly why joints fail.

Back