• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bumper mountaing question

MCD

NAXJA Forum User
i want to make my own bumpers but i dont know if i should use the stock mounting alone or add side support with wrap around sides. i want to make this a winter project. any help would be apreciated

MCD said:
i want to make my own bumpers but i dont know if i should use the stock mounting alone or add side support with wrap around sides. i want to make this a winter project. any help would be apreciated

I'm in the process of making my own bumper as well. I'll be using brackets that extend down the sides of the frame like most tow hook brackets do. I wouldn't trust the stock mounting alone if you intend to use your bumper to mount a winch or as tow points.

For the front... made a high teck Cheerios box template...

fender1.jpg

Used 1/4x6" plate stock...

fside.jpg

Finished

f13.jpg

Rear... used the same plate stock...

r3.jpg

Tied it into the trailer hitch too...

r2.jpg

Finished

r11.jpg

wow those are nice bumpers. so did you just use 1/4 plate on it all? did you use backing plates for the bolts or just washers? your bumpers look like those arb ones, kinda stealth bomber looking.

Back