• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 swap and stock driveline

DPC

NAXJA Forum User
Heres the deal. I have a 90 XJ with the 242 T-case and a D35. I will be going to find a D44 this weekend and need to know what else will be needed with it. The XJ also has a 4.5" lift, I did a search and found mixed results as far as driveshaft lengths ect.

Any help would be appreciated

thanks

Dan

ok. IIRC... when i bashed the D/shaft in my 87 last summer.. it has the D44 and 242 t/case.. the stock shaft measures approx 30".. i'm relying on memory but i'm pretty sure.. a shaft from a 231/D35 combo is just shy of 32" (once again this is memory) i plan to use one of those when i lift in the spring.. i'm fairly sure that wont interfere but i won't know for sure until i slap it in.... if you figure this out let us know..
mike

I did pretty the same thing you are talking about. I have an 89 w/ 242, and it had a D35. I also have a 4.5" RE lift. I swapped in a D44, and had no issues. It has been in since May 03, and I have wheeled it 4 or 5 times, no problems. HTH

Back