• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8" Coils- Rockkrawler OR Skyjacker???

Heep

NAXJA Forum User
which ones are better? why?

I've never ran the skyjackers but i'm currently running the rockkrawlers. The rockkrawlers are fairly soft. They ride and flex great but they allow alot of body roll on the street and in my opinion don't force the rear work as much as it should on the trail. They are a good spring but I wish they were a tad bit stiffer.

got 6" sj`s now and the were stiff at first, now the ride and flex nicely! I plan on running their 8" coils soon!

SKYJACKER COILS SUCK! period. after about 3 months you will notice them starting to sag. it will gradually get worse. Dont use em.

ReBeL XJ said:
SKYJACKER COILS SUCK! period. after about 3 months you will notice them starting to sag. it will gradually get worse. Dont use em.

That explains your avatar, if your looked outside the box you will see that all coils will eventually sag! Part of the breaking in process! :looser:

I run the skyjackers and they are a quite a bit stiffer than the rockkrawlers. I have had them for 9months with absolutely no sagging or any problems, the skyjackers are the way I would go. (p.s. my buddy has the rockkrawlers)
-calvin

when i ran them, the never did measure upto 8", they were 6".I really liked running Rubicon express coils instead with a spacer. But now, Rubicon is releasing there 7.5" coils, that would be my choice...

T.

They are already out, i had a pair of them and compared them to the 4.5" ZJ coil and they were a bit higher. A buddy of mine runs them now in his TJ and they flex like crazy.

The part number is RE1358. They are 7.5" Coils, and can be had for about $150. For those of you that also have a TJ, the rear part number is RE1359. They have them in stock and ready to ship.

Tracy

well now that we are on the 7.5" lift issue with RE... do they make a set of leaf springs that lift that high or can be brought that high with shackles????? :)

RockKrawler springs! People always say that they are too soft to properly flex the rear. Its not that the fronts are too soft, their rear springs are too stiff. Dont use the spring to control stiffness of ride or sway. Thats what shocks and sway bars ar for. Find the longest spring with the lightest spring rate to support the ride heigth you want, then use shock rates to stiffen and sway bars to control body roll. I have had RK springs for 2 years and they work great without any noticable sag.

hey cagedxj

What shocks are you running with your RK springs? I just installed some 6.5" RK's and are looking for a good shock to match them.

Jeff

BIG98XJ said:
That explains your avatar, if your looked outside the box you will see that all coils will eventually sag! Part of the breaking in process! :looser:

sagging 2 1/2 inches is not part if the breaking in process. I had them on my dodge.i thought thats what was happening till they go tthat bad and i had to put spacers in to level it back up. trust me i think outside the box. :twak:

ReBeL XJ said:
sagging 2 1/2 inches is not part if the breaking in process. I had them on my dodge.i thought thats what was happening till they go tthat bad and i had to put spacers in to level it back up. trust me i think outside the box. :twak:

I believe this is a XJ forum! No Dodges here! :doh:

The skyjackers I've seen are super stiff and look like they are a repackaged ford f-150/bronco spring.

Coil springs should not sag to speak of, unless they are over flexed.

We have the RK 7" on my wifes ZJ and with ARB front/TR rear bumpers and over a year they are still haven't sagged. I really like the ride even without the sway bar hooked up at 7" with LA no rear sway bar (tri-link) I didn't think it leaned too bad.

I know some guys running the Skyhackers and run no sway bar and it handles flat.

jeepme said:
hey cagedxj

What shocks are you running with your RK springs? I just installed some 6.5" RK's and are looking for a good shock to match them.

Jeff

I am running the RK shocks on my MJ and Fox shocks on the XJ. For the money I am very impressed with the RK shocks, they are only 75.00 for the pair, and I think they are 14"travel.

Back