• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MAP Relocation

CW

NAXJA Forum User
well, I went to install the last couple of sensors on my stroker and I noticed I have no place for the vacume line coming off the MAP sensor to go. I have an '89 with a 94 head, intake manifold, and TB. Can I just put it any where in the intake or does it need to read manifold preasure?

It has to read manifold absolute pressure so if there aren't any more ports in the intake manifold to which to attach the MAP sensor vacuum tube, you can tee it together with another vacuum line on the manifold. The vacuum line to the valve cover is the nearest one and should be easiest to tee into.

Ok, I have the line coming off of the MAP, it used to go to the TB and has two plugs on the end of the line. Should I just run the line into another vac line or could I put it where my IAT used to be located? ( I moved it to the airtube) Heres another question, When I put my eaton m-90 on sometime this month what do I do with MAP? How will it react to boost?

Back