• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rollcage design

XJHOX

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for some good ideas on roll cage desing. Hopefully some pics. also. I have done cages in drag cars before, so some of my ideas are coming from there but I need something that is a little more user friendly. If/when it rolls it will probably only be a lite roll on the side, no rocks in my area of PA. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks Jason

roll18.JPG

roll15.JPG

roll21.JPG

roll4.jpg

roll5.jpg

roll6.jpg

There are pics of my cage at this address...

Exo w/ internal cage

and I know it works :D If you look at my other post today - had the jeep on its lid last night - nearly a foward endo (turned in the air and fell to the driver side and then onto the roof...

Matt

exo01s.jpg

Thanks for the replies I have actually seen all 3 of the designs. I just want to try and make it as clean as possible. One question for Beez and Matt are you guys both using the factory seatbelts/location? Thanks Jason

The box is the big one made for YJ's. It's supposed to fit in the tub of a YJ between the rear wheel wells & from the fronts seats to the tail gate. It fits the XJ pretty good except you need to space it up off the floor about 1.5" for it to clear the hatch mount.

I don't know which Matt your asking, but my seat belts use the factory mounts.

Matt

I had a cage built for mine recently by All4Performance and I really like how it turned out. We're still debating on the addition of a dash bar and the shop guys are gonna add more gussets. The difference in height of the front and rear stringers is my fault - I'll learn to let the shop guys do their job some day.

cage08.jpg

cage06.jpg

no sir....

using aftermarket four-point harness.

SB, I think you'll particularly like this reinforcement add-on device that was envisioned by dan a couple weeks ago, that is meant to go on a recent aftermarket rollcage design....

doncha just love it?

bracketredo.jpg

Back