• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock hoops

I have one but haven't installed it yet. It's going under along with the new rearend, hopefully in time for Winterfest. It's a good looking piece - sorry I can't say any more than that just yet.

I run it. I don't know what you want to know other than it is a great product. Allows for multiple shock mounting positions. I don't know if I would pay the full amout for one, (I picked mine up used at a great price) but one could be fabricated fairly easily.

You can fabricate brackets that will bolt up a bar to the existing holes that mount the top of the shocks currently, or as most do, pick up the holes that mount the bump stops for the rear axel. I made extended bump stops and a shock mount bar into one assembly. Only hard part is working around the exhaust. The bar also creates a cross brace from one side of the frame to the other.....somewhat like a ladder frame.

Most people move the bottom shock mounting brackets up on the axel at the same time so they can size the new shocks one time.

Here ya go:

707862dsc00444.jpg

Back