• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire size D30/ D44 question

BUCKYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Okay since I didn't get real straight answers on my last post here goes again. I have a D30/D44 combo welded how big of tire are you guys running on these axles. I am learning to be easier on the gas.
Thanks.

If you want someone to tell you that they are running 35/36's then sure there are plenty of xj's around the county on 30/35 cobo's running 35+" tires. If you want a honest answer as to what each of us think is a safe tire axle combo then you will get a different answer from each of us.

The D30 is your week link. There are plenty of D30 jeeps running 37's on hard core trails and do not break pieces regularly. Most people would agree that if you want to run anything larger than a 35" tire then you are better off with the D44 front instead of building the D30. Here is why, the breaks and steering on the D30 are weak and the cost in building a D44 front would be similar to building the D30, plus you get bigger breaks and hi-steer options.

Run what ever you want, if you are light on the gas (which you have already stated over and over that you are not) then you might only break something once in a while. Why not put the twin 60's in there, then you can be heavy on the gas and still break stuff everyonce in a while.

Your rig, your decision. We have all expressed our opinions over and over and over.

Michael

I know of a few TJ drivers running 36" TSL with a LP D30 & D44 without any major issues.

Back