• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

door swap for power windows

willys8

NAXJA Forum User
Am trying to find out if i can swap in another door that has power options on it in place of my manual stuff that's not working.

anybody heard of this being done?

I don't see any reason why not...

Although you're going to have to pull wiring from the doner vehicle of course. I'd try to get it all the way to the fuse block (PITA I know, but it'll make it easier in the long run).

I did it with the harness locks and window mechs. The hardest part was getting off the couch with out my wife noticing. The main harness is under the rug , make sure you disc everything, don't cut ANY wire every thing unplugs. The rubber plug that come tru the kick panels cane be pushed in and out easy. The harness unplugs from the fuse box but also is connected on pass side behind kick panel (remove both). Behind pass side are three small boxes , 1 for pwr ant 2 for pwr locks (4dr) . If you swap doors you wont need to drill out rivets. I did because i used a 4dr harness on a 2dr.

purplexj said:
I did it with the harness locks and window mechs. The hardest part was getting off the couch with out my wife noticing. The main harness is under the rug , make sure you disc everything, don't cut ANY wire every thing unplugs. The rubber plug that come tru the kick panels cane be pushed in and out easy. The harness unplugs from the fuse box but also is connected on pass side behind kick panel (remove both). Behind pass side are three small boxes , 1 for pwr ant 2 for pwr locks (4dr) . If you swap doors you wont need to drill out rivets. I did because i used a 4dr harness on a 2dr.
Man this is kind of an old thread but I'm interested in your response. What year is your Jeep and what year was the donor Jeep? Does everything really unplug and plug in too?

1992 base xj-parts jeep 1989 and yes every thing is the same. Every thing works better in this jeep. Pwr seats,locks, windows, rear wiper, washer, vanity visor, rear cargo light, dual pump washer tank, d-35 w/disc brakes, d-30 non disc , cruise and tilt . Lots of other stuff too. Just need to hook up rear defog , already replaced rear window from doner. only Thing is my front delay wipers work how and when they want.

Back