• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 35 breakage

Çrestfa||en

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed a lockrite and in the process found out I have the C-clip axle. My question is how much more stress am I putting on the axles with the locker. I am running stock tires right now but soon to be 30x9.50s.

you should be ok but I dont know how you wheel I have heard of people breaking them with 31s but not 30s but if you arent hard on the throttle I would say its ok to 33s

Spare C-clip shafts are so easy to carry, and so easy to come by, you should have a spare set bolted to your truck somewhere just for good measure.

I run 31 spline alloy shafts in my 8.8, and I never go anywhere without spare shafts. It's all about the piece of mind.

CRASH

The "shoulder" where the C-clip bearing rides on 8.8 shafts happens to fit PERFECTLY into a 2" ABS pipe. I put a cap on the other end put them under the floor I made where the back seat used to be. They are bolted in with large conduit holders that usually serve to hold electrical conduit to walls.

CRASH

I run a D35 C-clip axle with Lockright and 32s. I carry spare shafts, but so far have not needed them. I've had the 32s on for years, the Lockright for about 6 months.

If you don't hammer it and don't bounce it, then don't worry, you won't break axles. They're more than capable of larger tires, you just can't wind up on them.

Yes, the D35 is the biggest terd in the Jeep world. Yes it'll break if you wheel it hard. No the C-clip axles aren't any stronger than the non-C clip. If you want some security then find an XJ rear D44 and you'll be fine. Carry spares.

Cool Cool. I always make sure not to jump the wheels and sounds like 30s will be a nice compramize. I'd rather not go to bigger tires until I can get my hands on bigger axles anyway. Thanks for making me aware of your guy's experiances.

Back