• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another 44 front question

jallen

NAXJA Forum User
i've got a guy in my local jeep club that is selling a high pinion front 44 that he set up to go under a bronco (yes, i've read matt's EB44 tech article).

he tells me that the WMS is 66" and that the measurement from spring perch center to spring perch center is in the 42.5" to 43" range.

it seems that 66" is a little wide with an '87 xj 44 in the rear, but that can be dealt with with spacers. BUT, are the spring perches going to be to far appart for me to use the axle as is ???

Is your Jeep not near you? To answer your question, I'd go out and measure my coil buckets to see how far apart they are. That should tell you where you should ideally be. Now how far from that ideal position you can go would be the real question. I'd say not more than 2 inches wider (total) and probably not narrower at all. But that's just a guess.

66" is full width. That's the same width as the one in my garage. I'm cutting mine down to 64" with a 61" rear. Do you need fender coverage to drive your rig on the streets where you live? If not, go wide, no problem. However, I'm going a bit narrower for legality and the fact that our trails are narrow here in the NorthWest.

if yer in the market for rims too, just go 17"ers, get a suitable backspacing, and fergit cuttin.

willis, pm me tomorrow about those arms.

Back