• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AAL question

DDCxj

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know what truck I can pull the leaf springs out of and cut the eyes off to use as an AAL to give me about 2-3" of lift? If not, where can I buy just the AAL's, not an entire lift. I am not going to go out and buy new leaf packs either because I recently put these ones in.

By the way its a '91 XJ, dont know if the year makes a difference.

thanks,
Dean

it is my understanding that basically any undersprung vehicle with 2.5" wide leaves would work. everyone knows about the early 90's dodge dakota spring packs, but for only 3" of lift take off the dakota main leaf and use your old one from the XJ pack...otherwise you'll get more like 4-4.5" of lift

Rancho offers a full-length AAL for the XJ. They list the same one for the MJ -- it's rated for 2" to 2-1/2" in the XJ, and 1-1/2" in the MJ. You should be able to order it through any local speed/performance shop. Advance Auto sells Monroe (owned by Tenneco, same as Rancho), so they should be able to order it if you're near an Advance store.

Back