• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some More Lift Info

catyrpelius

NAXJA Member #1023
I know that i must be starting to get on everyones nerves from so many lift questions but... Can u order the sye and drive shaft before you do the lift?? Or with this death wobble will i be able to get by for the time it takes to receive the sye and drive shaft. does any one know if the re 3.5 inch superflex with aal comes with blocks or shakles and if its blocks will they work and for how long

If you would stick with one thread(not three) and combine all your info/questions together it will be easier for everyone to follow along and help!!!!!

catyrpelius said:
I know that i must be starting to get on everyones nerves from so many lift questions but... Can u order the sye and drive shaft before you do the lift?? Or with this death wobble will i be able to get by for the time it takes to receive the sye and drive shaft. does any one know if the re 3.5 inch superflex with aal comes with blocks or shakles and if its blocks will they work and for how long

As stated above, keep one thread not three and the lift will come with a aal not blocks or shackles.

A SYE will help eliminate driveline vibrations (due to lift and driveshaft angles). DW (death wobble) has nothing to do with driveline angles, it has to do with the steering components and the vibrations that can be transmitted from one wheel to the other.

You should not be concerned with DW unless it happens to you. It should be controlled by a good alignment (inluding Castor adjustment) after the lift is installed.

You will most likely need a SYE to control the vibrations that are likely that you will get with such a new xj. You can put the SYE on before or after the lift, which ever you prefer, either way there are some adjustments that will likely need to be addressed when it is all complete (SYE and lift).

Personally I would instal the lift and test drive. Instal a transfer case drop and see if it is any better. Then order the SYE and instal when convenient. Just my thoughts, everyone does it differently and there are plenty of different thoughts on the subject.

Michael

Sorry bout posting on three threads guys but it does seem that everyone has different opinions on things, ill try to keep posting on this thread. Where is a good place to get the driveshaft from, i have looked at several sites and have yet to find the one im lookin for. Also after the lift is installed if the death wobble is as bad as everyone states am i going to get it to the allignment place, and should i get another allignment after i put 31 inch tires on my xj. That and the 3.5 inch re superflex with aal's does come with aal's but they are only 2.5 inch add a leafs so they make up the other inch or so with either blocks or shakles :D. What are some of the pros and cons of each and which gives better flex. And does anyone know how to bleed brakes???

who said you will get bad DW. didnt you read what 2extreme said. DW and driveline vibrations are 2 different things. your making this harder than it is.

what driveshaft are you looking for? try doing a google search for driveshaft or SYE.

How to bleed brakes? come on, even a haynes or chiltons can tell you that.

is that a picture of your jeep under your name? if it is, i cant believe you have these questions.

it seems like you need to do more research on your own. the search button is a great tool.

no man the jeep isnt my jeep wish it was though, but any way... How bad are the driveline vibes that one will normally expericence with a newer lifted xj. That and i know more then you might think but most of it is about yj's cause i just recently switched from yj's to xj's. Wish I had kept the Yj cause most people dont give xj's any respect unless they are jacked

Bleeding the brakes should be the same from the yj to the xj. Lift it however much you want and throw a 1" transfer case drop on it. If you have problems after that, come and ask. You most likely won't have major issues if you do the RE 3.5 and the T-case drop. As stated above, don't worry about death wobble. With a complete kit from one mfr., you probably won't get it.

Well, I even had minor vibes when it was stock,it got real bad after the first lift(3").Tried the "hack-n-tap"kit first,better but not perfect.I ended up going with the JB HD SYE kit,2 1/2 years later and now at +6" and still smooth!

Back