• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reset Button?

srkruger

NAXJA Forum User
I recently got in a accident with my 1994 XJ sport. The engine stalled when i hit the other car. It crunched the computer and a couple other things but everything else looks like it is fine. I try starting it and it cranks but doesnt turn over. I bought a new computer and installed it but still doesnt turn over. Is there a reset switch anywhere that needs to be flipped?

How bad was the damage? Wires could have been severed. It could also be a number of sensors.(TPS, CPS** MAP....)

how hard was this hit?? what part of the body was crunched? isn't the "computer" still up under the dash behind the heater controls in 94?? take a hard hit to "crunch" it there.. theres a good chance a sensor damaged as well as some wiring....
mike

It wasn't a hard hit,m maybe 10-15 mph. Its the drivers side fender, and the computer is located right between the fender and the air filter box. besides that it doesnt look like anything else was moved/damaged.

Do our XJ's have a fuel pump inertial switch on them? It's designed to turn off the fuel pump in event of an accident, and there's a reset button on them.

I thought it was required by law to have this switch on all electric fuel pump equipped vehicles, but I can't find mention of it in my repair manual........??????

Yup....

90's are located behind the passanger side front kick panel, in front of the door. If it is tripped....you will hear a click when you push it.

Rev

wow, never new that........
Just learned my "new thing" for the day :)

does my 96 XJ have a fuel pump cut off/breaker somewhere?

of so, where is it?

thanks!

CaptTrev

"should" be the same as the 94 I would think. Since there really isn't a difference.

Back