• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

t and j chassis stiffeners are here! please help!!

dan f.

NAXJA Forum User
well, to counter the growing possibilty of my xj crumpling into a great big, sad heap, i have obtained the chassis stiffeners so common in the jeep speed series. my only problem is i can't weld and i don't trust my buddy and his welder on my junk. anyone in socal know of a good welding shop or feelin' generous themselves:D :D ?

just a thought:)

dan f.

I thought they were bolt on :confused: What do you have to weld??

Dan.... hit up Ryan B in north San Diego area.... if you don't have his contact info, shoot me an email and I will send it to you.

ary,
they bolt to the lower control arm frame bolt and forward leaf spring bolt, but need to be welded at those points and at one additional point.

kejtar,
thanks, i don't have his info, but you can reach me at [email protected] (my bros email). i'm in la mirada, about 15 mins from westminster, if you know anyone else too.

thanks again,
dan f.

Dan,

If you're interested... I may able to hook you up with a business associate's son ... he was T$J's welder and recently moved on. He's right around the corner from me and you ... in Whittier. I'm not sure, but I think he still does fab work in his garage ... probably would do it reasonable. I understand he's an excellent welder.

If you're interested in the above, respond and I'll look into it and get you a number.

On the other hand ... if it was mine ... I would take it to a chassis shop that specializes in tying unibody's with subframe connectors ... someone that has more than a few years experience with a unibody.

You may want to check with George Herta, Weststar Automotive Performance, 12217 East Whittier Blvd. (562) 945-6586. He used to campaign a Funny Car ... knows how to tie unibody's ... installs 4-link's ... just finished an altered wheelbase '65 b-body Mopar.

Question: Why don't you just have T$J do it for you ?

thanks guys,

yeah, t&j is close, in fact i went down there to get them. i didn't have them install 'em because they wanted an arm and a leg to do it. however, i got a message from them today saying i should call; i'm hoping that they overcharged me and will install them, or at least give me some $ back.
only time will tell.

bchulett: thanks for the tip. depending on what happens w/ t&j i may have to take you up.

thanks again fellas,
dan f.

Talk with Ryan Brown and tell him Brandon in Corona sent you, he will give you a good price ;)

his e-mail: [email protected]

Never underestimate the power of the internet ...

Good reputations are important to enjoy continued success ...

Especially among the chosen few that capitalize off the working class ...

Just ask Paris Hilton how she's doing these days ...

I just bought the cheapest welder I could find ($120), practiced for about 2 weeks in my spare time on less-important things, and then welded them on myself. It's not that hard to learn, I'd never touched a welder before.

Back