• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Skyjacker XJ fender flares

mountaindrew

NAXJA Forum User
I was Looking at the red Skyjacker XJ in th4wd hardware catalog, and I have never seen flares done that way. They looked like the very top of stock flares with the front and rear cut off and the fenders hacked way out. has anyone done this or seen one done? how doy they close up the big hole you would get in the reare if you opened it up that wide?

Heres some pics of it that I took. I'm planning on doing the same with mine. It shouldn't be that hard since the bottom sections of the flare that are cut off do not mount to the body at all except for one little bolt on the very bottom.

I think this can be done without removing as much fender as Skyjacker did on the rear one.

skyjacker01.jpg

skyjacker05.jpg

If you mount the flare that high, how do you attach it?(it would be above the inner fender so you couldnt get at the backside.) Also, How do you close up the holes after you cut through the inner fender weld?

the flare has not been moved at all, just the ends have been cut off and the metal was rolled back where the ends used to be. I have done this on mine and it works very well.

Back