• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clutch Noise or ????

SnowyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a very bad grinding noise under hard acceleration and it's not u-joints.. I'm wondering if it's possible that it's a bad throw out bearing.. We've abused the crap out of this very loving jeep, and I'm sure that it may have just about had it so far.. So.. please let me know if anyone has had anything that sounds remotely familiar happen to them..

It sounds like a grinding from the second I let the clutch out.. (take off) with anything more than 1/4 throttle, and it gets lounder or quieter with engine RPM , not Vehicle Speed..

Also.. I've been hearing a weird ticking, that is also relatively controlled by engine RPM that sounds like it's coming from the bellhousing .. for probably the past 3-5 months.. IT's been pretty intermittent, until we've started hearing this grinding and now it's a pretty much ticking any time we don't hear the grinding.. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks In Advance.

Bill

Back