• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New front axle dimesnions and setup help needed

Nik

NAXJA Forum User
I need to find out what tthe inner dimension is from teh outer face of the inner side of one LCA mount to the other outer face of the inner side of the other LCA mount. If I rember it was close to 31 inches.

. . . .

Also I was wondering what the dimension was form the outer face of the inner side of the coil perch to the other outer face of the inner side of the othercoil spring perch on the axle.

At what degree are the upper control arm mounts turned in to recieve the upper control arms?

The reason I am asking I got the axle bracket bracket kit for my new DANA 44 axle I am sticking up front. Its a closed knuckle 44 that the pumpkin has been shaved to accept the new mounts with claytons kit. I just need these dimensions so I can tilt the pumpkin up and weld on the new mounts. The mounts are RE's kit.

Thanks a bunch and if u need any more info just ask me.

Cheers,

NIk

come on guys help me out here.

all it takes is someone who can go out and measure with a tape measure on their jeeps.

if that doesn't help I think I might do it myself in a parking lot or something:) I hope they aren't around when Im under their jeep with a tape measure:)

Nik said:
if that doesn't help I think I might do it myself in a parking lot or something:) I hope they aren't around when Im under their jeep with a tape measure:)

I have done that before! If you really want to scare the person, have some tools in your greasy hands:D :D :D

AARON

Nik said:
come on guys help me out here.

all it takes is someone who can go out and measure with a tape measure on their jeeps.

You would actually start welding on your housing based on measurements someone posted on the Internet?

What happened to your own rig? I'd go measure someone else's rig....myself....way before I'd trust anyone else's measurements. You need to KNOW that you're putting everything where you want it, and the only way to do that is to measure yourself......at least twice. :)

i know what u are saying.I just thought that since all of you guys had done front axle custom swaps that you would have a few measurements off the top of your heads.

I also got dimensions from clayton.

I measure it up myself and it came withing a 1/16 of an inch to his dimension. Probably was my tape. I already sold my front stock axle so I can tmeasure off that anymore either. I will end up measuring more than 5 times before tacking it up and then ill measure it again.

cheers

Back