• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i want tsl q78 swampers (35.5x11.00)

trialsallday

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 94 cherokee 4.0. locked front and rear. 8.25 rear. 27 spline. i have a RE 5.5xd lift. ill probably cut a lot and go up another inch. i try to drive with some finnese. do you think the axle in the rear will hold up?

trialsallday said:
i have a 94 cherokee 4.0. locked front and rear. 8.25 rear. 27 spline. i have a RE 5.5xd lift. ill probably cut a lot and go up another inch. i try to drive with some finnese. do you think the axle in the rear will hold up?

Depends on how you drive.

Id say no though.

Ive been on my 27 spline 8.25 for about a year know. 4.56, locker and driven pretty hard on it. But It is startin to feel sloppy. Got tons now. Oh yeah, 35" BFG's

I run 35 12.50 mtr on the 8.25 27 spline and it holds up just fine I try to be very easy on it though.

azxjman said:
I run 35 12.50 mtr on the 8.25 27 spline and it holds up just fine I try to be very easy on it though.

uh-oh, here we go again

:D:D:D:D

Id say that if your lucky or careful they'll last for a year or two. I was definitly on the lucky side. W/ a locker your just increaseing the chance for the enevitable breakage. If anything your gonna be twisting splines. I took mine apart a while back and they had twisted some. But I just threwem back in cause I know my conversion is comin up this spring.

Do what you want. But, I an axle breaks drivin down the road your gonna be in for a treat. :)

Back