• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does a BB need bump stops & longer brake lines?

motrctyman

NAXJA Forum User
I'm about ready to do a 2" BB with spacers up front and shackles in the rear. Then I'll add 30x9.5" mud tires. Then an Aussie locker in the D30 up front. Gotta D35 w/Loc-rite in the rear.
Q: Do you guys suggest bump stops and extended brake lines?
Also, what about fixed front lower RE control arms?
I have a stock HD suspension with 208,000 miles. :eek: :confused1 :wave: TIA -Chris

well that all depends... you lengthen the bumpstops if
a. your tires are rubbing or catching something while moving up and you want to limit uptravel
b. your shocks are too long and you don't want to bottom them out.

The lengthening of the brakelines is a different story... I have talked to a guy with 2" worth of BB who ripped out a front brakeline while disconnected... so again you gotta see how much room you got and how much travel you got. Front you might be able just to relocate them... while the rear... hmm..... just get a YJ rear hose and you should be fine.

motrctyman said:
I'm about ready to do a 2" BB with spacers up front and shackles in the rear. Then I'll add 30x9.5" mud tires. Then an Aussie locker in the D30 up front. Gotta D35 w/Loc-rite in the rear.
Q: Do you guys suggest bump stops and extended brake lines?
Also, what about fixed front lower RE control arms?
I have a stock HD suspension with 208,000 miles. :eek: :confused1 :wave: TIA -Chris

I meant to add "Do I need to EXTEND the bump stops?" and I do plan on adding either DT3000 or OME shocks and JKS quicker disconnects. Thanks again, Chris

on my '89 i had a 2 inch BB and did not touch the brake lines or bump stops, and had no problems. I did not do too much flexing, but i dont think it would have been a problem.

my B/boosted trail rig has pulled a little of the "bend" out of the hard line on the drivers side and thats with no discos..... the small amount of axle offset from using the factory trackbar is enough to need an extended line when i flex it and cut the wheel aparently.... cheap insurance.. do it beofe you pop one like a rubber band... i dont run anything besides stock bumpstops and dont have a problem..
mike

Back