• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does anyone...

srkruger

NAXJA Forum User
know the model number for the computer in a 1994 Cherokee 4.0L auto tranny? If anyone has that year cherokee can you please look for me. Im in New York and found a couple of computers for cheap but dont know if I have the right one. Thanks

i would if i could but my car is in atlanta, gerogia and im in new york. I have gone to a couple of junkyards up here because none of the ones in atl have them and there are plenty up here but i just dont kow which one to get.

Wups - didn't know that!

I don't remember for absolutely certain, but I think at least 94-95 will interchange, and that probably goes 1991-1995 (which covers Renix to OBD-II.) As long as you otherwise keep the AT-AT or MT-MT correct, it shouldn't be an issue.

The only major electronic changes were in 1991 (when Renix gave way to ChryCo OBD-I) and 1996 (OBD-I to OBD-II.) Interchange allownaces for the XJ are really quite wide.

5-90

Back