• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transfer case drop

luvdaxj

NAXJA Forum User
Alright guys, I just put my RE 3.5 superflex kit on and I have a small driveline vibration. I have a 1" transfercase drop and I was wondering if this would throw off any linkage in the tranny/transfercase. Any of your knowledge would be most helpful.

It DOES affect your linkage, but it is probably liveable. Skyjacker and several other companies make a little bracket kit, or you can just make one yourself to adjust for the new position of things and align everything perfectly.

Try fitting a 2* shim under the leaf pack to angle the pinion up ( thin side facing the transfercase ) to equal the angle changed caused by the drop. You should always keep changes to both ends the same unless you have fitted a different type of uni like a double carden. Fitting the shim also give a fraction more slip yoke engagement as well as lessens the angles.

my 1 inch transfer case drop solved my vibrations, but messed up my linkage. take a look underneath at the linkage and see how twisted it is. I fiddled with it forever, but still have problems with it popping out of 4lo. Cant wait to install my SYE and get rid of the TC drop once and for all.

Back