• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alignment question

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
It was a tossup whether to put it here or mod tech but everyone always says that alignments are always the same no matter what the height... so here it goes.

Just lifted to about 4"~5" and dropped it off for an alignment. (I put in an adjustable RE trackbar and RE upper sf adjustable and RE lower sf fixed). Now... . after they did the alignment it drives perfect... except it pulls a bit to the right and the guy warned me about it when I picked it up (something about not being able to fully adjust it due to something something soemthing... I got confused). ANyways the numbers for the front are
LF Camber: -0.1 Caster 4.5 Toe 0.01
RF Camber -0.2 Caster 4.4 Toe 0.00

He said that the right front caqster should be more then the left front caster but he also said that he can't get it to happen.... so.... is that good? ok? bad? It pulls a little bit, something that I could live with (IIRC it pulled as much before, but I never thought about it and now that he borought it up....)

Those numbers look decent. I prefere I about a half of a degree of toe in and around 5 degrees of castor, but castor will need to be copromised for pinion angle if you have any vibes in the front end. If you can live with the pull, I wouldn't worry about it.

Remi,

Part of the problem is shops like Firestone, Goodyear and such are working inside a bubble with factory specs and refuse to deviate from the norm.
There should be no reason why they cant obtain 5* caster with adjustable UCA and fixed LCA. My 98 XJ has 5" lift in front and 5.5" in the rear. The last time I was in for an alignment at a shop specializing in alignments for lifted vehicles he was able to dial in 5.1* caster.
I had the same problem with it pulling to the right and after this shop finished the problem was gone.
The shop that MIT uses down here in San Diego is Roger Daniels Alignment Shop in Santee. I have been going there for several years and have recommended him to other SoCalXJ members.

Back