• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is this a god price for a stock 94 XJ Sport?

mudhound32

NAXJA Forum User
First off, hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving! Here's how mine ended on the drive home. I saw this black 94 XJ Sport for sale in a dirt lot for $2900. It looked amazingly clean, no dents and the paint looked original and no fade. I tried the driver side door and was open. I did notice that there was a little hinge sag since the door dropped a little when it opened. No big deal. So I took a peek, and again looked very clean inside. I also couldn't resist so I popped the hood, took a look and also appeared clean as well. I checked the oil and looked kinda black and in need of a change.

I got home and did a quick search of the local newspaper for a comparison but didn't find much. I'm going back tomorrow and really look it over. I would like to talk to the owner and see if he has maintenance records, and get a feel for how the jeep was taken care of, and possibly take it for a test drive. Is there anything else I should be looking for? Is this a good deal? Thanks for any input.

-Mike

Last edited:
Hey Eagle, thanks for the website. Basically the price reported is right on at $2,811. I see your name attached to very informative posts. Can you tell me what else I should look for? Blowby in the air cleaner etc..
Thanks
Mike

Back