• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TV's in an XJ

tnomud

NAXJA Forum User
I just got 3 7" TV's for my XJ. Does anyone else have one in their XJ, and if so..................where?

I am thinking one up front and two in the rear of the front headrests..........

I want to put Nintendo in mine.. i was thinking just a regular 12 inch tv/ vcr on the dash. not really sure one that yet though. I won't put any in the BMW but i think the Heep is worthy of original nintendo.

The front one is the problem. To put it somewhere that it can be easily watched. I tlooks like the only place is by the Glove Box.

tnomud said:
I just got 3 7" TV's for my XJ. Does anyone else have one in their XJ, and if so..................where?

I am thinking one up front and two in the rear of the front headrests..........

I wanted to do the same thing, but it is illegal in NJ to have a screen in the front of your XJ and I don't let too many people ride in the back either so I didnt put the screens in the headrests. I have one mounted on my center console.

275689_38_full.jpg

Here is one of a wrangler with your idea:

275689_122_full.jpg

WHen installing yours keep in mind that it shouldn't be distracting neither to you (driver) nor to the vehicles behind you.... I drive a lot on the freeways and have to tell you that it's very distracting to see in the early morning hours or evening ours chaning tv screens ahead of you...... and don't even get me started on the drivers that watch tv:D

I ended up mounting the first one just under the center vent on the dash. The top of the screen just covers the heater controls, but the post is flexable. I have .14% (yes, .14 of 1% light goes through) window tint on all windows, you can still see it at night, but not to a point that it is a distraction to others. Finding a place to mount the DVD player was fun..........

Does anyone know the Ohio laws on TV's or Georgia's laws?

i don't know ohio's laws, but i do know that in georgia you can get a ticket if the driver can see the screen. on that note after christmas a pioneer 6.5 flip out with cd will be added to my xj. along with a gamecube and 4 wavebird wireless contorllers.

Back