• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 300

ARTSTER

NAXJA Forum User
Looking at replacing my 208 transfer case with a dana 300 (low range gears). What vehicle should I pull 1 out of? Also does any vehicle come with a 4500nv transmission?

Thanx Art

Dana 300s were avalible in most 80's cjs and scouts. As i understand it, the some scout d300s came w. twin stick from the factory.

They were used in '80-'86 CJ, the '80 case (outer) is different then the '81-'86 (don't remember how) I know that the '80 is the least desirable.

Don't forget....
Either you're running Cheby stuff up front, or you'll need a flip kit with that 300. Personally, I'd stick with the 208, or go with a 241 unit from the ton rated Dodges/IFS Cheby's. Earlier than 88, and you get a rear yoke on the back.

4500's came in HD Chebies and Dodge trucks. Easiest place to find one is Advanced Adapters, already checked and refurbished.

Back