• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf springs

kc7bur

NAXJA Forum User
I have 3" add-a-leaf in back. rides harsh.
Has anyone had any luck re- arching the stock springs or adding a couple full length leaves to re-arch to 3"?
Is there a manufacture who supplies 3" lift springs?
Been looking at some older S-10's at there rear springs, maybe I could do something with those.
:variety:

There are many manufacturers that make 3" lift springs.

Cheap alternatives are dodge durango springs for 3 or more inches of lift.

Adding stock cherokee or s-10 springs I do not think would yield what you want.

I have a 3" aal and a 2" aal and I do not think my springs are too stiff (although I will be changing them for other reasons) is there a chance that it has to do more with your shocks, bushings, or bolt tentions, or other, tire pressure??

Just some thoughts,
Michael

Yes

My first lifts years ago and several people I know now use stock leaf packs and re arch or use the long leafs to create more lift with a softer ride.
As long as you continue the normal sucssesion of the way the leafs are stacked you shouldn't have a problem. The longer leaves are what give you the softer ride.
Go to a spring place or a muffler and trailer hitch type business that have hydralic benders that may work on trailers alot. They may be able to help you in rearching your springs. Thats how I did mine in the past.
I currently have RE 4.5 inch springs. I think 1462's?? and I recently placed a stock long spring in to help with a little sag that has taken place over the last couple of years. Kept the great ride and picked it back up to where it belongs.
Theres nothing wrong with adding and subtracting springs to achieve what you want. It may be a trial and error kind of thing until you get what you want though.
good luck.
GRNT

I had 3 inch AAL that sagged in around two weeks. The ride was fine just didnt look real good. I know blocks arent generall the way to go but i put in 1 inch blocks and have had no problems. If tthere is a litte sag blocks are the way to go for cheap.

Check how much extra length you have on your u-bolts before buying blocks. If you have to buy new u-bolts, then it's probably cheaper and better to throw an extra leaf in.

Yup, the springs are sagging anyways. probably have 'em re-arched or buy some complete long leaf spring packs, whichever is cheaper.
I bought this Jeep in '98 and one side was sagging alittle more than the other, I think they're just worn out.
It's a Laredo with all the stupid electric stuff (windows, seats, etc..) all the fancy stuff either does'nt work or barely works.
3", 31x10.50, manditory 3 core radiator, other stuff.
No Dents!:eek:

thanks guys.

Back