• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lower control arm and bushings??

lostcreek21

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, I'am going to make my own LCA's but I'am really short on cash. I can buy the metal really cheap. I saw the control arm bushing sleeves but they run 10 bucks a piece and I don't have that right now. I was wondering if I could use the same diameter tubing as the bushing and just shave the tapered part of the bushing off so it fits snugly into the tube? Any other ideas are appreciated. Thanks

My RE mounts for my front axle just used a piece of tube and I forced the bushings in. The tapered part of the bushing just crushed to form a press fit. Sorry don't remember the tubing size but it was a slightly loose fit on the small non-tapered part of the bushing.

Lincoln

It took me almost a month just to find 2-5/8"x.188" DOM tubing.I dont see how you can do it for less than $10 each.I wouldnt even try machining the shells,it just doesnt make sense!

Btw:2' costs me $41 and "no other size will work"

Last edited:
Back