• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Driveshaft

96XJCLASSIC

NAXJA Forum User
How high can I go before the front driveshaft becomes a problem? I am at approx. 4.5" now.

I have heard of people going to at least 8" without too much problem, and I think there are people at 12" without new front driveshafts.

I have no experience above 6", but I am not familar with anyone have a problem with stock front driveshafts at 6".

Hth,
Michael

drive shaft bind at 4.5

i have 4.5 in the back and when i installed the D44 at full droop the drive shaft was locking. i discovered this this when regearing and arb'ing i had the 'frame' on jack stands and the axel hanging. at full extension i could not turn the shaft.. i had to jack the axel up about 1.5 inches to get the shaft to spin again. so now i have a sye installed ! lol

ooops, didn't read the thread right

mine was the back. on my 91 it has a hp and certainly at 4 in the front it still looks hardly angeled at all

Back