• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Better Brakes

john mitchell

NAXJA Forum User
I have eliminated my Stock bendix ABS system, great mod, but...

I am noticing that the back brakes do not engage as well as they used to. I have a D35 in the rear, the cylinders for the ABS are diferent than the Non ABS but I wuz wondering if anyone has a better improvment than just a stock set of non ABS Cylinders.

I guess what I'm asking is.., are there other applications of rear cylinders that will improve the back braking power? If so what should I ask for.

Thanks

JM

Congrats on escaping the Bendix POS ABS!

Now, which booster an MC did you use? If it wasn't a 96 or newer, you can gain stopping power going to the double diaphragm booster of the '96 or newer.

I went to a D44 at the same time I R&R'ed my ABS so I don't know the specifics on the wheel cyls for the 35 but check the inner Diameter of the ABS vs. Non-ABS wheel cylinders. Use whichever has the LARGEST ID.

As for other vehicles with better wheel cyls, you'll have to check the parts books. I know it is possible in the D44 as I run a larger ID WC from a '72 FoMoCo PU truck.

Bones :skull1:

Back