• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Its Hereererererere!!!!

imma honky

NAXJA Forum User
I feel like a little school girl :anon:
Nice big ole hunker cs144 is here. Looks mighty perdy.
Well, now all I am waiting for is the fuse. Which brings me to the question.
After lookingat all the wiring for the upgrades. am I doing this correct?
Replace the power- fuse relay box
replace the wire from fuse relay box - alternator
replace the neg cable from battery to block????
Do I have this right? Where does the fuse fit in? Also should I be upgrading the power wires (from starter to bat??)
I will not be able to do anything until monday (thankgiving vacation), But once i get back, Im jumping on the ball and wanna knock it out asap so I need to get it right.

Did the webpage(gojeeps) also say to ADD a neg cable to chassis?
Any and all help is appreciated!

Last edited:
Stupid question.........what the heck is a cs144 ???

Tom Houston

cs144 is a model GM alternator (biggun). late 80, early 90 jeeps for the most part ran cs-130's.

I can not wait to here how it fits!!

yes, you should add the ground to the frame and block. yes upgrade the starter battery cable, and the fuse goes in the power wire to the Alt.

Check out this for more specifics

http://www.olypen.com/craigh/charge.htm

michael

Sound good. That means i need to get one more piece of wire 9the one to the starter). Everytihng is going great today! fuse will be here on monday, that is also when I will be getting the bracket cut (band saw). I figure it will be in and running by monday night. i really wish it had come yesterday since i will be leaving at 8 am tomorrow :(. Im sorry if some of you find my enthusiasm a bit extreme, but my heep has been in and out of comas for almost 3 months now b/c of all this stupid elect crap going out. This should be my last fix for a while. Im off to go pack now. Pics of all parts used and install will be posted on monday. This is the perfect way to begin my vacation! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

What's the amperage on the 144? I'm assuming it's alot more than the Delco one?

I have no idea what he ordered.

But the general concensus is that the CS130 you can get about 80 amp at idle and 140 at freeway speed.

The CS144 comes standard in configurations:
120/140
140/170
160/200

Hope that helps,
Michael

Back