• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upper Control arm bolts

JJ13

NAXJA Forum User
I have just finished lengthening my upper control arms and am ready to re-install. The problem I have is the bolts for the frame end of the uca's are not feeling to good :( . Any of you guys made up some bolts for replacements. I don't have any problems making some bolts with the cams on them to go into the frame. I just thought maybe one of you brilliant XJ guru's (your idea's are welcome too Beezil =P ) had figured out something quick and easy to use.

What cam? The UCA bolts are a standard metric torx head bolt, the same one that's used in the axle end of the track bar.

Well kinda,the factory bolts have an "anti-spin" retainer pressed/crimped on them.Just replace them with new 10.8 bolts!

My 2000 has them too!I've been carrying them as spares(dont know why,they "were" a PITA).

Last edited:
RCP Phx said:
Well kinda,the factory bolts have an "anti-spin" retainer pressed/crimped on them.Just replace them with new 10.8 bolts!

Maybe the old ones did, but I recently bought a set of replacements and they didn't have anything such as you describe. Mine were bought from my dealer and I made the guy triple check the part number, because they were going across the great pond.

2nd to just using regular old bolts without fabbing up a factory look alike, we are talking about the frame end bolt of the UCA right? Although I do have 2 or 3 sockets rolling around inside the "frame rail".

P

LOL you too...my dad dropped a 15 mm down the frame. I can't wait to listen to that when I am driving down the freeway. RCP is right on with what I was talking about Eagle. MY factory bolts on my 2000 has anti spin jobbers on em so I didn't have to hold the outside of the bolt with a socket while I turned the inside. The only reason I asked about replacing them was I am wrenching on it by myself tonight and thought they might make it easier to do by myself.

Thanks for the info,

JJ

Back