• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire Size Question

Urban Redneck

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I am looking at GY MTR's or SS TrXus'. The GY says their 10.5 tire will mount on a 8" rim but SS says their 10.5 needs to mount on a 8.5" rim. What the hell??!! Has anyone mounted TrXus on 8" rims?

size

8.5" is probably a better size for a 10.5" wide tire, but an 8" wheel will work adequately. Heck, some people run 12" wide tires on 8" wide wheels!

I am running a 12.5in wide tire on a 8in rim. I think you'll find that more then a few people will run the same combo.

-Scott

I've seen 12.5 inchers on stock 7" wide rims! They just run a lower pressure on the street in order to maintain a consistant contact patch. But I doubt you'll have anything to worry about with a 10.5" tire on an 8" rim instead of an 8.5" rim (which I don't think even exists).
Jeep on!
--Pete

8.5" wide rims exist. I have a set of 16.5x8.25 even! Not nearly as common as 8 or 10s though. I ran my 36x12.50s on 15x8s and I have a friend running 36x14.50 on stock 15x7 ford wheels!

Back