• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What size nuts?

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Exhaust manifold down pipe studs! What size nuts do I need there?

Oh yea!

Its a 94 2.5L engine...... Come on 5-90 don't you have a nut database?

Gimme a break - I just saw this one! I've been up to my ears in C Programming homework all evening...

I can't swear to the 2.46 (remember, I play with REAL engines - I stick to 4 cylinders for my lawnmower... j/k) but the 4.0 uses 3/8"-16 there and I see no reason for the 2.46 to be different. If you have a well-stocked local or a marine supply store handy, you should have no trouble finding them in brass - which is highly recommended for undercar exhaust... I've been using brass for undercar exhaust joins for just over 20 years now with no ill effects...

If you get a 2.46 apart anytime soon, I'd appreciate input on bolt sizes to both confirm they are/are not the same as on the 4.0 and add them to the worksheet. Thread pitch, overall length underhead, and grip & thread lengths, please.

5-90

Sweet.

Ok I'll see what I can do when I start to pull my 84 appart. So far I can tell you one thing for sure. Every bolt of nut that was not on the 94 engine was the same on the 84. The tranny to block bolts are M-12 1.75 IIRC.

Back