• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best deal on warn or supieror shafts

Beezil

Member #Nay
NAXJA Member
besides 4wheel parts.....

yeah, one ton, that "no questions asked" warranty sounds great, but is it for real?

haven't heard of anyone calling them on it, and I'm wondering about ordering from there, since no one seems to have a good experience with them......

how bout it?

anything to worry about for a 1979 f-250 dana 44 front?

time for real shafts and real joints......

Got my warn's out of Drive Train Direct. Last I heard the 2 company's (drive train & 4 wheel parts) were connected in some way. At the time of purchase it was the same warranty & I got them on a sale at around $525 for the full set of inners & outers. I've never had to test the warranty & the price is a few years old. The ears on the yokes were has solid putting in new joints has they were when I first installed joints in the new shafts. As for joints I went ahead & got Longfeild's wannabe CTM's. I couldn't justify damn near $400 for "U" joints. My last set of 760's lasted me over 2 years untill I finally crushed the needle bearings on one side. I got them for $140 for the set.

Matt

Drivetrain Warehouse is one with 4WPW. Drivetrain Direct is a different company.

The Whorehouse has the warranty, but I've never had to use it.

Some of the POR vendors have a damn good combo deal on Warn's/CTM's. thing is, I don't think Warn stocks F-250 spec 44 shafts. Aren't they about 2-3 inches wider (total) than F-150's?

<edit> the Warn site has their standard shaft spec sheet.

CRASH

It is a very bad sign. You Sir are screwed!

Not even URF is going to be able to help ya out.

Lucky for you I just started a F250 D44 shaft building business. You can send a deposit, after I'm done with testing and lining up vendors, I'll build them and send them right out.....

The 4Wheel Parts warranty is the real thing, but I don't think it's "no questions asked". Their policy is to send your bent/twisted/broken axle to Warn for inspection. Having said that, I don't remember a case where they did not replace it at N/C, +, I have been given a replacment from stock without waiting to hear back from Warn.
Paul

the "no questions asked warranty" is a morsel of semi-spobi one ton is spreading around.

he says it is so, yet I can't see any mention of it....

warn seems very clear about the warranty not including wasted ears from u-joint failure.

I figure if I get REAL u-joints I shouldn't have a problem anyway, so it would be better to order from a reliable vendor.

sean knows how much trouble we've had recently, I'm not looking to repeat my bad luck.

if most of you guys aren't having any problems wasting warns, I probably won't either....

i just need to get closure on this thang, cause lately I can't wheel without busting shafts.

Operator error.

This thread sucks.

CRASH

the warranty is real. you just have to send them the broken part. about 2 weeks later you get your replacement. thats where i bought my d44 detroit locker that imploded. had a new one in a matter of weeks. they also had the best price of anybody and had free shipping.

you wouldnt catch me buying anything that says superior on it. had a superior 44 shaft with twisted splines they would not warranty. my problem may have been sending it through rusty. i never did get it back either. not to mention the fact that if they're r&p's are deffinately not "superior" i couldnt imagine they're shafts being "superior" either.

Hunter

Call the Whorehouse.......unless you haven't tried PolyPerformance (PIG on POR).

The Whorehouse did warranty a Warn hub for me, after i smacked a sizeable boulder at Baja 100 speed.

They had the best price when I bought my Warns 2 years ago.

OneNut should get his Superwinch hubs from that place.....

CRASH

I don't think baby jesus wants me to run warns.....

can't find 4wp or drivetrainwarehouse.....

anyone have the phone number to d-train whorehouse?

1-888-432-7656

CRASH

I've got a 2001 and an April 2003 Off Road Adventures magazine(4WParts mag) laying around. The 2001 uses the phrase "Lifetime no questions asked warranty" while the newer one simply states "lifetime warranty", don't know if that means a policy change or not. I can't get the site to load either, let us know what the real deal is when you find out.
I would ask ya WTF took you so long....but I won't. :) TC

FarmerMatt said:
As for joints I went ahead & got Longfeild's wannabe CTM's. I couldn't justify damn near $400 for "U" joints. My last set of 760's lasted me over 2 years untill I finally crushed the needle bearings on one side. I got them for $140 for the set.

Matt

Matt, what's your initial impression on these joints and have you had a run on them yet?

here's the deal......

and its kinda what I thought......

d-train honors warn's manufacturers warranty (of course).

THE WARRENTY DOES NO COVER U-JOINT FAILURE

When I asked him why evryone on the internet says they have a "no questions asked" warranty, he said, well, they do!

however, this is the "extreme duty" warranty, and I was quoted 10-percent of the purchase price of the shafts extra!

for the mathmatically challenged, that means if I buy a 500-dollar locker, the warranty will cost 50 bucks.....

cheap insurance?

I dunno you tell me.

in the meantime, I'm going out to the garage to see which 79 ford f-250 axle I have (there were two)

I might not be getting warns anyway :(

dear diary.

I tried to order cool axles today so the naxja people would think I'm a badass. I talked to a nice man, and he said to measure my axles. warn supports only the ford 44's that have a stub of 9.72,a short side of 18.91 and a long side of 33.91. I measured my broken short side and it is 18.625. The nice man thought that was interesting, but not problem causing. But he wanted to know what my long side is cause that's the side that matters, but those broken axles are not at home. So I didn't ordewr the axles, and no one thinks I'm a badass. I guess I'll just have to talk out of my ass untl then.

Back