• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help? Broken Cable on Throttle Body

BobCSmith

NAXJA Forum User
I have a Cherokee 91', 4.0 HO.
I discovered to that the middle cable on the throttle body was broken (actually the platic that held it to the throttle body broke). I traced the cable to a container looking thingy (black with silver top) that sits next to the battery. There is also a vaccum hose and an electrical connection that goes to this container. The Cherokee seem to be runnung fine. What does this cable do, and what is the container it leads to?
Can you easily just pull this cable and remove it, and replace it?
I looked in the Chilton/Haynes manuals, couldn't find anything about the cable or other device.

Thanks

I think your right, before I attemp to start pulling the cable out to replace it, is their anything I should be aware of? Is it easy or is it going to be a oain in the butt?

Now that I can't help you with. I'm assuming it would just be an easy replacement, but I can't say for certain. I'm installing cruise on my 96 this week so I'll tell you how it goes installing fresh.

I beleive the cable and the servo are one peice, atleast it is on my '90. You'll have to replace the servo too.

Back