• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quick disconnects

pull the pins:shhh:

It sounds like these are similar to the RE discos that I have. You should be able to just lift the sway bar up and remove the links. I did have mine rust together after last winter's salty roads, and I had to use the BFH to get them apart. Don't know if that's a problem where you're at, though. I have a piece of wire attached to the underside of the fender to hold the bar up when it's discoed, or bungees work too.

prodimage.php

these are what i have, but i dont know how to use them still. even if i take out the pins the center sleeve is still between the top and bottom parts.

Like John said, I think you may need to give them a little tough-love with a hammer... hit upwards...the swaybar 'should' swing up.

Ya might try soaking with PB Blaster or liquid wrench overnight, and also clamp a pair of vise Grips onto the sleeve...do the twist & hit.

Once they are free, maybe add a dab of anti seize or grease to the stubs, so next time may be easier.

thanks that got the sleeve off. but when i took them off both sides, the swaybar just dropped and it seems that it would be in the way of the flex. is there a way to keep the swaybar up so it does not get in the way or is it supposed to do that?

:D :confused:

Like John/lesslimited 92 said (again, in his reply to ya)

"I have a piece of wire attached to the underside of the fender to hold the bar up when it's discoed, or bungees work too."

Back