• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tires

W

WilliesTJ

can anyone recommend what air pressure i should run in my tires on the street? i have 31 10.50 15's. thanks

You just have to play with the pressure. I have found around 32psi work well on 31 10.50 BFG's work well with little abnormal wear. My TSL's, I run around 30psi. That seems to be what works for me, the tires on your rig might require diff pressure. IMO play with the pressure to see what works for you.

:dunno: :thumbup:

I second that. I run 33x10.5r15 BFG At's and ran Swamper Radials in that size before. I run 32psi on the street with the At's and 32 or 30 with the Swampers. Don't eye ball the pressure like I did this summer and over fill them. On a hot day in July I got a bubble on the drive side front Swamper. End of that tire. Sad day. Loved them. Now I carry a guage that I trust. Juice

there should be a manufacturers recomendation on the side somewhere

small pederson said:
there should be a manufacturers recomendation on the side somewhere

Correction: There is not and cannot be a manufacturer's recommendation for the pressure to run a tire on a specific vehicle. The entire sidewall, tread, and inside of the tire would be covered with microscopic lettering trying to list every possible vehicle.

What IS on the sidwall is the maximum pressure you are supposed to run the tire at. That's the highest pressure you should use when carrying a full load, but for passenger car rated tires that's usually 36 psi IIRC, and none of the car manufacturers recommend running the tires that high.

For LT-rated tires, the maximum pressure may be as high as 50 psi on the sidewall, but I doubt any of us would want to drive around on 50 psi MT/Rs or Swampers.

Jeep recommends 30 psi for stock tires. You need less pressure to carry the same weight with larger tires, so for 31s I's start out at 28 and see if they ride well and wear evenly.

Back