• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shifter Knob/E-brake rod

Wayne Sihler

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
The donor 87 XJ is now being brought back to on road status(son got learners permit).So several items need attention----
1 Shift knob on the pukegoat trans came off/fell apart ? need factory part or what?
2-Twisted end off e-brake adjustment rod ? how to legnthen or just replace
3-Vac fitting on axle disco wont stay on/all greasy and hard.is the end replaceable or is a new vac harness required?
4 Power windows-------we wont go there.
This is starting to look like a bad investment just to get the D44 from under it-----
Wayne

Don't know about the other stuff dude, but as far as shiftknobs go once mine broke once I went through about 3 more knobs from the dealership. The white part just crumbles away! I ended up taking the threaded metal center piece from the last one, drilling a hole the same size in 2"x 3" block of cherrywood and epoxying the thing in there. 15 minutes on the bandsaw and beltsander and you got yer custom shifter fer life. love it!

- TJ

Back