• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Bumper Help

Alan Marshall

NAXJA Forum User
I just received a C4X4 Front Bumper with the angled corners. I am putting this on a 97 XJ, and as I was putting on the main bumper, I realised that I will have to trim the factory Wheelhouse Liner and relocate the Horns and Vacuum reservoir. :eek:

Any Ideas??

Ya thats no prob

Ya don't worry about that. The little ball on the original bumper just screws off. Just relocate it and mount it right next to the bumper and hook up that hose again. As far as the liner, just take a sharp knife and trim the plastic liner until its out of the way.

If there is a lip on the back of the bumper, you can try mounting them there. After I put my aftermarket bumper on, I relocated the vauum resevior to one of the braces. Do you have to cut off the braces?

Yeah, you can relocate both things on the braces. Also, for the inner fender liner, you can use the bottom most brace to mount it. Before trimming it, get a peice of metal about 1 or 1.5" wide and cut it just alittle shorter than the section of the brace and drill about 5 holes in the metal and corresponding holes through the brace. Then sandwich the liner between the brace and that peice of metal. That way when your doing 80mph down the highway, the wind doesnt rip the liner out.

if you dont get what i'm saying I can get a picture.

Back