• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Express lift

Rasputin

NAXJA Forum User
Got a good bonus this year. I want to go with a 3.5" lift and 31 mud terrains. My stock leaf springs are still in great shape. Question is should I go with a full length AAL kit or go all out and get full spring packs? At most I'll probably get to go trail riding 15-20 times a year on moderate trails. I've made up my mind on getting Rubicon Express unless somebody in here knows of a better manufacturer. Any feedback will greatly appreciated.

i think youll be happier with a full spring pack

I have the R.E. 3.5 on my 88 with aals. gave me 4 front and 3 inch lift rear, I added a 1 inch block and 4' shims. THe ride is not that bad, but you would be happier with full spring packs

I have the RE 3.5" lift kit and installed new springs and new bushings on the front and rear stabilizer bar.

My XJ now rides and handles so much better. You will be happier with the new spring packs. And their not that expensive.

Yeah, spring packs are the way to go- do it right the first time and you'll have no "I shoulda" regrets. Also, upgrade the RE disco's to JKS- another desision you WILL NOT regret! They are quiet and SO SIMPLE to use...

When I ordered my RE 6030 kit, I upgraded to the adjustable lower control arms and got the adjustable trackbar (RE1600) so if I do decide to go higher one day, I can. Just my opinion.

By the way, the RE 3.5 will give you at least 4 - 4.5" AFTER it settles (I originally got 4.75" when it first went on) :D

Either way you go, you will not be disappointed with RE's gear........

I second what XJbone said. I have EXACTLY the same kit on my XJ and love it. Go with the JKS discos defineitly, RE discos in my opinion are one of the only "bad" products RE makes.

Back