• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

runnin tubes in my spare tire

Fore Wheeler

MWC President
NAXJA Member
what do you think, as many of you know I have a couple tires that have screwed up beads, what do you think of putting tubes in the tires and mount them on a standard wheel? ie: non beadlock wheel

That's done a lot around here. Heck that's how all tires were when I was growing up.

Tom Houston
Loveland, Colorado

Would this be a off road only tire? If its offroad only I would go for it.

I wouldnt run it on the highway because of the heat build up going that fast, and then if it blows going that fast.....well I hope you have a guardian angle:angel:

AARON

I tried it and had no luck. I tore one valve stem out and another just didn't hold air, I used talcum powder and everything, I finally gave up and bought MTRs no problems since :)

Same here. I booted a badly cut tire and tried running it with a tube. It worked fine on the highway, all tires used to have tubes, but it was a problem off road due to the low air pressure. The tire would rotate slightly causing a problem for the stem, and the tube would pinch and get small leaks. I finally pulled it out and ran the booted tire tubeless which worked fine.

what!!!????

you *still* have screwed up beads?

so what does this mean?

did you wuss out and let that asshole screw you?

I hope we're talking about the ones he let you keep......

or you are getting the spanking machine at winterfest, and that aint no lie!

Back