• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

79 F250 Axles - Is this a good deal?

Comanchero

NAXJA Forum User
Hey there. I don't post much but I lurk alot. I'd like to get your opinions on this:

I can get a running '79 F250 Highboy 4x4 with 4.10 gears, 351, C6, and 205 for $600. Are these the 44 & 60 axles that seem to be in demand for a good strong axle swap? I'm on 36" Swampers with a D30 and an 8.8 right now and may want to go bigger at a later date. I'm thinking I could sell some parts to get some of the price back. Do you guys think this is a good investment?

I've researched alot about axles on various boards and talking to other wheelers but there is so much info and mis-info out there you don't know what to think. F150, F250, 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton, 14 Bolt, 44, 60, Waggy, WT, NT, 58", 61", 65", 70". IT NEVER ENDS........................

How about a 1972 3/4 ton International PU rear 60 with 4.10. I can get one of those too? Whats it worth or not worth?

Hmmmmm, somebody sent me a link to JU that has this exact same post, weird.

You don't want this truck, but you do want to tell me where it is ;)

uh, no. you want to tell ME where it is :D

From what the research I have done I would say grab them and use em. The only thing with in reason that would be much better would be to find one that has the Dana 60 front axle. The rear is your standard Dana 60 FF. It does have 30 spline shafts, but I have seen some guys run 35 spline shafts after some modifications. The D44 front axle out of that model will have some of the thickest axle tubes out of all of the D44's. It will come 8 lug with huge dual piston calipers. You'll want to take note of this because it will mean bigger wheels to accept that brakeing hardware.

I have a D44 from a 79' F250 sitting in my back yard right now. I am waiting for my D30 to bust before I put it in. I can give you any measurments you may need.

-Scott

HEHEHEHE....My new Project, Lil Crispy, will be getting that excact D44/D60 combo. FUN!

7.jpg

haha burnt rover!!

awesome.

-Scott

In a nut shell.... Get IT!

You are right in thinking about selling parts to recoup some of the $$$! The C6 and 205 could bring some $$$. The 351 could too depending on the condition. Hell on second thought you don't want this truck. And you do no under any cercumstances need to tell anyone but me where it is!

Thanks for the input guys.
Thats what I was hoping to hear.

Onetonxj - That link probably came from Doug. I live in Franklin, so I know of all of you and the DOA club. I've seen most of your Jeeps and there is a shop or something up on Beyers Rd right?

Back